Craig Harris/Macon County Times A residence on on Dark Hollow Road in Lafayette burned on Nov. 13.

Craig Harris/Macon County Times

A residence on on Dark Hollow Road in Lafayette burned on Nov. 13.

A residence on Dark Hollow Road in Lafayette was completely destroyed in a fire on Nov. 13, leaving two occupants injured after a kerosene heater allegedly exploded.

The Lafayette Fire Department received a call at 12:34 a.m. on the day of the incident and arrived to find the residence fully involved in the fire. Firefighters returned to their station at approximately 3:28 a.m.

Fire Chief Troy Brawner said that the residence was completely destroyed following the incident and the two occupants were found injured.

Randall Gass was transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center with severe burns to his hands, and Tammy Humes was observed with light injuries, including bruises, but was not burned.

In a statement given to fire department personnel, the occupants said the fire started because their kerosene heater exploded.