- Macon Countians vote Trump/Clinton in the primary with Trump taking 57.01% in the Republican Primary and Clinton taking 64.84% in the Democratic Primary.
- Winding Stairs Park officially reopens for the spring with some new renovations including picnic tables and benches.
- The Macon County High School Student Council attends the state convention and, as their service project, raised $650 for St. Jude.
- The Shriners partner with Coordinated School Health and the Red Boiling Springs Fire Department and Emergency Medical Services to put on a fire safety class at Red Boiling Springs Elementary.
- Senator Bob Corker visits Macon County to hear from Tennesseans and address major challenges facing the nation.
- The Macon County Historical Society holds a ribbon cutting at its new location on Locust Street.
Jeremy Gentry, Macon County General Hospital’s 2015 Nursing Employee of the Year.
Amanda Green, Macon County General Hospital’s 2015 Employee of the Year.
Macon County’s 4-H office has a new 4-H agent. Kayla Jenkins began working as Macon County’s 4-H Agent in January, after having been employed as the county’s part-time 4-H program assistant last fall and is excited to begin her career in Macon County.
News Channel 4’s Lisa Spencer and members of MCHS FFCLA club went to Westside Elementary and spoke to the kids about the weather.
Macon Bank and Trust holds its annual Easter egg hunt.