During the week of September 2nd – September 5th Macon County High School will be celebrating their annual Homecoming Event. Several activities will be taking place during the week. Following is a list of those activities:
The Bon Fire will be held on Thursday, September 4th at 8:00 p.m. at LES gravel parking lot behind football stadium.
The Homecoming Parade will leave from Macon County High School on Friday, September 5th, 2014 at 12:30 p.m.
Homecoming Activities September 5, 2014
5:30 p.m. Crowning of 2014 Homecoming Queen
Pat Parker Field
Macon County High School vs. York Institute
Recognition of Alumni from the Football Seasons of 1989, 1964, and 2004
During half-time of the football game
The MCHS Leo Club will have concessions available at the MCHS parking lot. However, cost of these concessions may exceed MCHS cafeteria lunch price. Lunch will also be available in the cafeteria at normal cost.
12:30 p.m. Parade will begin from Macon County High School.
Parade Day Rules
Concerning parade entries:
* NO ATV’S. This includes RZR’s and side-by-sides.
* No motorcycles
* No horses
* No tractors
* The following may be in the parade:
o 150 car and truck entry limit
o Class Floats
o Football Team
1. Each student who participates in the Homecoming Parade Day Activities must wear a wristband for the day. This includes students who participate in any way in activities for the day. These may be purchased on Friday morning ONLY. Students must bring a signed permission form and $1.00 on Friday morning to receive a wrist band. Students without the signed permission form will not be allowed to participate in the parade. Students must wear the wristbands at all times during the day.
2. Students who are driving vehicles must purchase a parade pass. These will be sold the week of August 25th. They will NOT be sold the week of Homecoming. NO student may drive unless he or she has a visible pass on the vehicle. The cost of the parade pass is $5.00. Students driving a vehicle must present a valid driver’s license and an up-to-date proof of insurance at the time they purchase a parade pass.
Parade passes must be visible at all times.
3. Students will NOT be allowed to ride in the backs of trucks driven by other students.
4. Each vehicle must have enough working seatbelts for the people who ride in that vehicle. (example: If you have five people in a vehicle, there must be five working seatbelts in the vehicle.)
5. Each vehicle must be decorated in order to be in the parade. ANY WRITTEN MATERIAL OR DECORATIONS MUST STAY WITHIN SCHOOL POLICY GUIDELINES. VIOLATING THIS WILL CAUSE A STUDENT TO BE REMOVED FROM THE PARADE AND REPRIMANDED IN SCHOOL THE FOLLOWING WEEK.
6. All candy thrown by students in the parade must be wrapped and not tampered with. No student should throw anything from a vehicle with force that could cause injury or damage to any person or property. All persons who participate are subject to being searched at any point during the day. If any student is found with candy, etc. which violates these rules, he/she will be removed from the parade and sent to the principal for appropriate disciplinary action.
7. If any spectator sees any vehicle or student violating these rules or guidelines, please note the vehicle parade pass number and the student wristband number and report the incident to Macon County High School.
* Follow Days Road north to Highway 52 by Davis Electronics.
* Cross over Highway 52 onto Days Road.
* Turn right onto Oak Street.
* Turn left onto Highway 52.
* Take a right on Highway 52 to La Tia.
* Turn right at La Tia, proceed to the square.
* Go around the square to College Street to Fairlane Drive.
* Go onto Fairlane Drive to Church Street.
* Turn left on Church Street. Go to Field Street.
* Turn right onto Field Street, and go to Bratton Avenue.
* Go right on Bratton Avenue.
* Turn left onto Sycamore Street.
* Go behind the football stadium and in front of Central Elementary.
* The parade will disband behind Piggly Wiggly.
The parade will leave MCHS at 12:30 on Friday,
September 5, 2014.