By Deidre Wilson
The Red Boiling Springs City Council met in regular session on Thur., May 10.
It was the first meeting held in the new City Hall location on Lafayette Road.
The following business was conducted:
- Minutes of the April 12 meeting were approved
- Brenda Harper appeared before the council and invited everyone present to sign a proclamation declaring May as the National Month to Prevent Teen Pregnancy in Macon County.
- The council voted to send statements of qualifications for administration on the
- A public hearing was set for June 14 at 6:45 p.m. to solicit public comments on the proposed 2012-2013 budget.
- The 2012-2013 budget (ordinance #12-3) was passed on first reading.
- A year-end budget amendment to balance out the 2011-2012 budget passed on first reading.
- The council discussed the police department’s job description and pay scale policy and will bring the issue back up next month as an ordinance.
- Council members approved to pay the animal control officer $30 per week for using his personal vehicle.
- Council members decided to have the city contact Phil Hewitt for permission for Kurt Carrick to tie on to the natural gas line on his property and run it to 2033 Lafayette Road, where Carrick is opening a pizza place.
- A work session for the Utility Department was scheduled for May 24 at 7 p.m.